My India

Tears roll down my eyes
As I watch the once called Golden Bird
The land I love, the land I live in
Yes! It is my dream, it is my India
The land of Rama and Buddha
Is now so pitiable
That people read about it like a fable

People who once sacrificed themselves for others
Are turning blood thirsty
We climb the ladder of prosperity
But humanity has become a taboo
We fight shouting caste and creed
Though my friends we’re of the same breed
Others laugh as our color fades
Which once sparkled with blues and jades
Open your eyes and join your hands
To save the nation from selfish hands
God will help you night and day
If you confess to your faults today
Come, work hard, work humanely
To bring back to life the Golden Land
Before it turns into stones and sand.

Created on August 15, 1996

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty Contest (Translated from the Hindi poem “Soundarya Pratiyogita” by Shri. Nagarjuna)

Kerala - God's Own Country